Friday, November 14, 2008

Night 9 or 10 (Or the night that St. Petersburg finally gave me a reason to fall in Love with it just a little bit)

Ok people. I know that I've been complaining about this place a lot lately, or rather almost non-stop, but tonight, this city did something pretty for me. I went out to my mum's hallway to have a smoke (because damn it that woman won't let me smoke anything other than coffee scented cigars in her apartment) and saw fireworks out the window. And it wasn't like some small children firing off some firecrackers or some bullshit like that. It was like 4th of July fireworks. And they went on for a solid 20 minutes. And you know why they were there? Somebody's birthday. That's right. That's how rich people roll here. And even though I'm living with my mum at the moment and this may seem sort of pathetic, fuck you all because I live in a part of town where you can see amazing fireworks randomly out of your window. So thanks St. Petersburg! I don't hate you as much any more. (Even though you're still cold and scary and full of skinheads and bad radio)

P.S.
I didn't really mean that fuck you. Please don't stop coming here. I was just kidding.

2 comments:

Frances said...

Yey polina fireworks for U!
you need to take pictures...I want to see St. Petersburg...I'm glad the city is treating you better.Besos and keep on writinggggg....

Plusha said...

Thanks Frances! I miss you guys. I miss everybody and this way, a little less. I'm going to an electronics store today to be the right cable for the camera, to load the pics into computer. And then there'll be pictures.