Sunday, November 16, 2008

4 Days in London, back in April (way nicer than where I'm at now)

I finally got the card reader up and running, but unfortunately haven't taken any pictures here in Russia yet. But I did find a few pics on the camera that I took when I was in London back in April. I know, I know. Everyone wants pictures of Russia. Well you'll get them, you damn vultures! For now, enjoy pretty London. It's civilized.
This is me on my first night in London. I stayed at an awesome penthouse.

This is me at the London Bookfair (my reason for being in London in the first place). I didn't take these pics, my new boss here in Russia, at the publishing company, did.

This is an awesome poster of a robot that they had there, that was sort of a robot itself because it kind of moved, flashed lights, and interacted a bit.



And by "a bit", I mean that when I tried to take this picture in front of it, as you can see, it's eyes lit up red and it mumbled something about assimilation and resistance.

This is what I'd like to call "British pluck". There's something so upbeat about the words written on this monolith, that I just had to take a picture.


Ah, this was the Saudi Arabian table at the book fair. Homeboys brought a scale model of their kingdom with them. It was amazingly done. Or maybe those are just the imperial palaces...


And last but not least, I had to take a picture of the river Thames. Just had too. Read so much about it during my four years of English Lit.

So this is England everybody. I enjoyed it.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ain't your reaction to poor ol' Russia somewhat blown out of proportion? Yes, you are in the northernmost urban center in the world. And yes, it's a bitch to find a decent manicure. But other than that you seem to be doing fine, no? L.

Plusha said...

Yes, but I have panic attacks. How many times to I have to explain this to people? Those things are bad enough when you know where everything is and have a comfortable apartment to hide out in. They are treble bad in an unfamiliar place, and when you have to sleep on your mom's couch. Trust me. My reaction is perfectly in proportion to my particular circumstances.

Eric said...

Awesome Pics. The model is Mecca. That thing the muslims are always facing.

Plusha said...

Damn Eric, why you always gotta be so much smarter than everybody else?
By the way, my next post will be titled 'How I spent my Evening with GAI (Russian Traffic Cops)'.