Thursday, March 19, 2009

All Better (But not Reeeeaaaalllyyyy)


Wow. Just wow.
Being sick in Russia has got to be a singularly suckass experience. Alright, I realize that I've been harping on this a bit, but folks, I'm all better. Yeah, the horrible infection that I had went away with the help of the antibiotics. But am I really all better?

NO. Because when you're sick in Russia, while the disease may have been cured, it leaves you with some lasting gifts. (And by the way, what the fuck was I even sick with? I know it was bacterial, but what the fuck kind of infection was it? Did it have a name? Is it just some random evil that Russia managed to spew out on me? I'll never know). Here they are in order of annoyingness:

1. Allergic reaction to the antibiotics has caused several parts of my body to painfully itch, burn, and swell up. I finished the course of antibiotics yesterday, but of course my hands and face are still swollen and itchy.

2. cold sore. Nuff said. This shit is irritating and uglifying. So I can't show my face in public until it goes away.

3. Painfully chapped lips. Friends, this is just not going away no matter how much Vaseline I slather on there. And the Vaseline is not helping the cold sore.

4. Fucked up hair. Yes, something about being sick has made my hair super soft and fluffy and it looks retarded. I guess I can try washing it again. But washing your hair is serious business in a country where you absolutely can not go outside with even slightly damp hair for fear of catching cold and dying. So it's not so simple to fix.

So now I look like the bitch pictured above, and I kind of hate this place again. Even though I'm finally all better.

Oh, happy belated St. Patrick's Day everybody.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

aww, my poor Polena.. at least that mystery bacteria infection is gone, right? but have you every had an allergic reaction to antibiotics before? what kind did you take?

Plusha said...

No, I've never had any allergic reaction to any antibiotics before. Leave it to hardcore German antibiotics. One of the ingredients was some sort of acid. The other ingredient is amoxicillin which I've taken before and I know that I'm not allergic to it.
But thank you for your sympathy. That's all I really wanted to get what with all the complaining. :)