Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This is Russia (In February) Some more Pictures

Here are some more photos that I've taken around my block today.
It's just winter in Russia.

This first one is my hallway. One time I came home at night and I had the music from "Halloween" playing on my Ipod, and then some elderly neighbor came shambling down the hall, and I swear to god I shit my pants a little bit. But obviously, it's a bit less creepy in the daylight.




I like to call this one below "The Good Earth."

This is just my courtyard. It's been snowing all day.





Ah, yes, the Russian park, with it's inescapable empty bottles of beer. Also, the infamous drain pipe with the frozen dirty ice pouring out of it. Frozen in time like some sort of monument to this city's inefficiency at water drainage and the ability to deal with it's own climate.



These last four are just details. This city is all about details when it comes to the pretty. And the Erotic shop is right across the street from my building. Very classy. Go St. Petersburg!

No comments: